Hello again! Just wondering who can be my baby daddy (living partner) in the game?
DC Life: Story Mode Edition
A downloadable game for Windows and Android
DC Life: Story Mode Edition contains story game mode which allows you to play full story for both the female and male character in addition to sandbox mode which is available in the free version.
Her Story (38,000 Words)
If you choose to play the female character, you've arrived at Dream City with the objective to find your missing father. How you are going to achieve this is up to you. Choose wisely as your decision has serious ramification throughout the game. Get a job, find a home and explore the city.
As you meet many characters in the game, you'll be given the chance to investigate the mystery behind murders, discover conspiracies and prove yourself to join a vigilante group. Can you survive in the city while trying to unravel the mystery of your father's disappearance?
His Story (38,000 Words)
If you choose to play the male character, you wake up not remembering anything about yourself. You have to figure out why you came to Dream City in the first place. You start with nothing and it's up to you to survive in a city troubled by gang fights and harsh economic condition. You'll be forced to scavenge, looking for odd jobs and carrying out dangerous quests just to earn money to buy food and find shelter to sleep.
Sandbox game mode allows you the freedom to start a new life in Dream city. However, you've arrived at the bad time. You have less than a year to prepare for the upcoming apocalypse. Gather your resources and forge friendship as you need them to survive the apocalypse.
The sandbox mode are separated to 15 parts:
- Part 1: Red Rain.
- Part 2: Missing Person.
- Part 3: Infected Dogs.
- Part 4: Infected Human.
- Part 5: Soaring Price.
- Part 6: Mass Exodus.
- Part 7: Deserted City.
- Part 8: Savage Attack.
- Part 9: Humanitarian Aid.
- Part 10: Raider's Attack.
- Part 11: Cure.
- Part 12: Military Arrival.
- Part 13: Wipeout.
- Part 14: Plague.
- Part 15: Restoration of The City.
Currently, you can play Part 1 to Part 7. The upcoming update will include Part 8 to Part 12.
Difference Between DC Life and DC Living
Both DC Life and DC Living share the same game world. DC Life is a text-based game which allows you to control the main character through plenty of screens. DC Living on the other hand plays like 2D role playing game which allows you to control the main character that you see from the top down view. Both games have lots of interaction. If you have no idea what to do in the game, you can refer to the extensive checklist that keeps track of your progress in the game. There are a lot of tutorials that explain what you need to do in the game.
Is This Life Simulation Game?
The short answer is no. You're only controlling the main character from certain age. Although the game has certain life simulation features such as taking care of hunger, sleep and other needs, the game plays like a normal role playing game.
Features Available to All Game Modes
- 4 career paths (ad agency executive, lawyer, fashion designer or model)
- job promotion (starts from low-level position and get promoted to the top as CEO)
- plenty of part-time jobs at the restaurants and the port
- scavenge trash bins to recycle items to sell
- gain skill points by performing a job or attending class
- 40 places to explore (4 home type, 8 work places, 7 restaurants, 6 schools, 5 shops, 4 leisure facilities and 5 recreational facilities)
- upgrade home with plenty of furniture
- robust inventory system which allows to store and cook many food items
- 4 different vehicles to own (scooter, small car, sedan car and luxury car)
- invest in 3 different mutual funds to build wealth (take advantage of the economy to buy low and sell high)
- fight normal enemies (gangster, hooligan, drug addict and gym trainer)
Features Available to Story Game Mode (Female Character)
- 3 hidden career paths (paranormal investigator, private detective or vigilante agent)
- 51 quests to carry out with 4 separate storylines (save father, Dania, spy and vigilante)
- fight special enemies associated with the story (drug dealer, agent and assassin)
- 5 game endings (father saved, getting deported, tragic accident, leave city and getting killed ending)
Features Available to Story Game Mode (Male Character)
- 23 quests to carry out with 4 separate storylines (recover memories, con artist, gang fight and Cecilia)
- fight special enemies associated with the story (drug dealer and assassin)
- 7 game endings (getting revenge, capture the killer, feeling remorse, betrayal, leave city, escape to Capital City and getting killed ending)
Features Available to Sandbox Mode
- plenty of interesting and recurring tasks given by many characters which rewards money and improve relationship
- fight special enemies associated with the apocalypse (angry male/female, the infected, the savage and soldiers)
System Requirements (Windows Version)
- Windows 7/8/10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- System memory 2 GB+
- Minimum HD resolution (1280 pixels X 720 pixels) monitor
- 70 MB+ free hard disk space
System Requirements (Android Version)
- Android 4+
- System memory 1 GB+
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
- DC Life Version 1.570 Change LogOct 07, 2019
- DC Life Version 1.500 Change LogFeb 01, 2019
- Dream City Life Updated to Version 1.45Aug 23, 2018
- Dream City Life: Urban Survival Edition LaunchedMay 17, 2018
- Dream City Life Updated to Version 1.42Mar 13, 2018
- Dream City Life Free/Demo Version AvailableFeb 10, 2018
- You Can Now Play As Male CharacterJan 30, 2018
- Dream City Life Updated to Version 1.40Jan 22, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, living partner is only available in sandbox mode. Right now, if you're playing the female character in sandbox mode, you can have Patrick as your living partner. Do task for him (just visit him at the city park after midnight) & there will be chance for him to ask for a date. Later, he might propose during the date. You'll engaged to him and you'll get married to him after the apocalypse is over (after March 2009).
Once you get engaged to him, you can visit his home & do many activities as if you're at your own home. However, we haven't yet implemented this visiting part on current update. Upcoming update next year should be able to address this issue. If you're playing male character, the living partner is Cecilia (theatre) but we haven't implemented dating part yet. This will also be addressed in upcoming update.
I love the game! I was jut wondering how do I customize my home? I cannot seem to find the button.
Hi, for the latest version 1.570, there should be Customise Home button in main menu screen (the screen that you see when you start or pause the game). Click the button to go to Customise Home screen. You'll unlock furniture by spending on gem which you can get just by playing the game. Once you've unlocked furniture, there should be home button to put the furniture at your home.
Single bed and bath tub are already unlocked when you start the game. All you need to do is just click home button on both bed and bath tub to put it at your home.
Oh I found it. Thank you! Also, now I'm stuck on the find norman in the sewers quest. It just stops searching after a while and the game freezes.
Ok, are you playing Windows or Android version? We've never encountered any freeze during ghost/spy mini game. If character is hungry or tired while in the mini game, they will automatically stop the mini game. Maybe this is the cause of freeze. We'll investigate the issue.
I'm using Windows and no, my character is not hungry or tired. Oh I figured it out. Just go in and out of the sewer until I find Norman. It's somewhat working.
Hi, we managed to recreate the freeze bug. We'll patch the Windows version today. Keep an eye for the update (version 1.580).